Riverside Tire Center
Home

The history of Riverside Tire Center begins back in 1940 on the banks of the Brazos River between Sealy and Brookshire. A river bridge that replaced a ferry had been completed two years prior and a real paved road, U.S. Highway 90, replaced an old dirt road, the new highway would be the primary avenue of travel between Houston and San Antonio. This is the spot Louis Sodolak, Sr. picked to build his new business, Riverside Service Station. He chose the Texaco brand of gasoline to sell which would continue to be the brand for 52 years and through three generations of Sodolaks. Tires were also sold at this time. Louis Sodolak, better known as Pop, built a rodeo arena with bleachers behind the service station that would attract a large crowd on Sundays. Pop had five children that worked in the business. His three sons: Bill, Eddie, and Louis Jr. had to leave to join the military during World War II. Bill joined the Army Air Corps in 1942 and served until 1946. Louis, Sr Irene, and Bertha continued to work.

We are a full-service tire and automotive repair shop in Sealy, TX dedicated to providing the highest quality work and customer service available in Austin County.

Family-owned and operated since 1940, Riverside Tire Center has been Sealy, TX’s premier place for automobile tire services and full-service general auto repair. Our ASE Certified Technicians service all makes and models on state-of-the-art equipment and take pride in being voted the best tire dealership in Austin County.