News from the U.S. Chamber - June 7, 2018Chamber Friends – Below is the weekly update of U.S. Chamber items published between May 31st and June 6th. And as a reminder, registration is now open for this year’s Chamber Federation Advocacy and Growth Conference. Please see Upcoming Events for more information.
As always, feel free to use any of this material in your communications with your members.
- REGISTRATION OPEN - Chamber Gras 2018 - Chamber Federation Advocacy & Growth Conference – This year, the U.S. Chamber is partnering with the Council of State Chambers and the Association of State Chamber Professionals in New Orleans to produce a conference jam-packed with valuable advocacy and communications workshops, keynote presentations and plenty of networking opportunities. Plan to join us in The Big Easy on September 12th, 13th, and 14th for discussions of issues that matter most at the local, state, and federal levels, and share strategies with chamber professionals from all over the country on how best to address them. Click HERE to register. Additionally, we have a room block available at the Intercontinental New Orleans. Make your room reservation on-line, or call 1-800-439-4745 and mention US Chamber of Commerce to receive our preferred rate.
Recent Postings to www.USChamber.com, www.FreeEnterprise.com and www.WorkforceFreedom.com:
- America Seizes Control of Its Energy Destiny by THOMAS J. DONOHUE – Monday, June 4, 2018
- The 4 Numbers You Need to Know about the Administration’s Trade Policies by J.D. HARRISON – Wednesday, June 6, 2018
- Commercial Contractors are Confident about the Economy but Worry about Labor Shortages and Tariffs by U.S. CHAMBER STAFF – Tuesday, June 5, 2018
- Show, Don’t Tell: Art Installation Showcases How Companies are Building the Workforce of the Future by U.S. CHAMBER STAFF – Tuesday, June 5, 2018
- The Future of Disaster Relief Includes Drones and AI by CARRIE BROOKS – Monday, June 4, 2018
- The U.S.-India Strategic Partnership and the Sanctions Conundrum by NISHA BISWAL – Monday, June 4, 2018
- “YOU WOULDN’T BELIEVE ME IF…” SERIAL ENTREPRENEUR STEVE SALIS KNOWS WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT by CORDELL EDDINGS AND IAN WAGREICH – Sunday, June 3, 2018
- The Hawks Will Have Their Day – and You’re Not Going to Like It by J.D. FOSTER – Friday, June 1, 2018
- Anaheim’s Maleficent Minimum Wage Proposal by SEAN P. REDMOND – Friday, June 1, 2018
- Small Business Optimism Keeps Going Up by SEAN HACKBARTH – Thursday, May 31, 2018
Recent U.S. Chamber Press Releases:
- Workforce Challenges Continue to Impact Construction Industry as 9 out of 10 U.S. Contractors Report Skilled Labor Shortage – Tuesday, June 5, 2018
- Local Economic Outlook Pushes Small Business Optimism to Record High – Wednesday, May 30, 2018
- U.S. Chamber Statement on Additional Steel, Aluminum Tariffs and Quotas – Wednesday, May 30, 2018