State of Play Call + News from the U.S. Chamber - May 24, 2018Chamber Friends – Below is the weekly update of U.S. Chamber items published between May 16th and May 23rd. Also, please note that registration is now open for this year’s Chamber Federation Advocacy and Growth Conference. Finally, our nextstate of play conference call is Tuesday, May 29. Please see Upcoming Events for more information.
As always, feel free to use any of this material in your communications with your members. Thanks!
- Tax Reform Business Impact Survey - How is tax reform benefiting your members? The U.S. Chamber wants to know and is surveying businesses to find out how tax reform is benefiting them. Please click here to see the survey, and share it with your members so that that they can participate. Also, see our Tax Relief Across America Map to find out how individual businesses in your state are choosing to share their tax savings with their employees and consumers.
- REGISTRATION OPEN - Chamber Gras 2018 - Chamber Federation Advocacy & Growth Conference – This year, the U.S. Chamber is partnering with the Council of State Chambers and the Association of State Chamber Professionals in New Orleans to produce a conference jam-packed with valuable advocacy and communications workshops, keynote presentations and plenty of networking opportunities. Plan to join us in The Big Easy on September 12th, 13th, and 14th for discussions of issues that matter most at the local, state, and federal levels, and share strategies with chamber professionals from all over the country on how best to address them. Click HERE to register. Additionally, we have a room block available at the Intercontinental New Orleans. Make your room reservation on-line, or call 1-800-439-4745 and mention US Chamber of Commerce to receive our preferred rate.
- State of Play Conference Call – Please join Neil Bradley, executive vice president & chief policy officer, and Rob Engstrom, senior vice president & national political director for the next state of play conference call on Tuesday, May 29, at 3pm ET / 2pm CT. Click here to register for the call.
Recent Postings to www.USChamber.com, www.FreeEnterprise.com and www.WorkforceFreedom.com:
- The Path Forward for U.S.-China Trade by THOMAS J. DONOHUE – Monday, May 21, 2018
- Global Supply Chains Must Evolve as the Economy Evolves by SEAN HACKBARTH – Wednesday, May 23, 2018
- CFPB Summertime Comment Series Swings into Action by KATE (LARSON) PROCHASKA – Tuesday, May 22, 2018
- 21st Century Supply Chains Need State-of-the-Art Infrastructure by U.S. CHAMBER STAFF – Monday, May 21, 2018
- We Can Have Better Infrastructure if We Cut Red Tape by SEAN HACKBARTH – Monday, May 21, 2018
- BLOCKCHAIN FOR WINE? MEET THE ENTREPRENEURS MAKING IT HAPPEN by CORDELL EDDINGS AND IAN WAGREICH – Monday, May 21, 2018
- Small Business Owners Implore Congress to Invest in America’s Infrastructure by J.D. HARRISON – Thursday, May 17, 2018
- PBGC Premiums Are Not The Answer by ALIYA WONG – Thursday, May 17, 2018
- Your Retirement May be In the Future but the Time to Update the Laws is Today by ALIYA WONG – Thursday, May 17, 2018
- “Workplace Democracy” Act Introduced by SEAN P. REDMOND – Thursday, May 17, 2018
- We’re Committed to Combating Opioid Abuse by LUCY WOLFE – Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- Tax Reform and Rule #1 of Tax Policy by J.D. FOSTER – Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Recent U.S. Chamber Press Releases:
- U.S. Chamber Statement on House Passage of Bank Relief Legislation - Tuesday, May 22, 2018